Best Flooring Solutions For Your Facility
By Mark Bekker
With pets being such a significant part of the family in an increasing number of households, the animal care and boarding industries are quickly expanding. When away from home due to business travels or extended holidays, animal owners are using kennel services more and more to take care of their pets.
At kennels, the goal is to have floor surfaces that are safe, hygienic, and easy to clean, yet still be kind to delicate paw pads. With the proper flooring system, it is easy to achieve this goal. When an establishment is planning to install new flooring, choosing the right option will help make the operation less dangerous, more sanitary, and above all, healthier for our furry friends.
Boarding kennel floors are subjected to the inevitable scuffs, scratches, and stains because of the high traffic they endure on a daily basis. These sites need to choose building materials that will consistently offer a clean and appealing environment. Epoxy Flooring is a great option for doggy hotels and boarding kennels since it’s both extremely hygienic and slip resistant.
The epoxy resin coating works great on cement, concrete screeds, and epoxy mortars. The coating also comes in a variety of colors, and it is water dilutable, water vapor permeable and also odorless.
Listed below are some of the primary advantages in selecting epoxy floor coating for your doggy hotel and boarding kennel:
- It creates an easy to clean, seamless surface. Epoxy floor coating products are durable and create a smooth surface that can easily be cleaned, making it the perfect option for doggy hotels, boarding kennels, veterinary clinics and any other animal holding facilities.
- The result is a durable, long-lasting surface. Epoxy flooring creates smooth, seamless and lasting, high–performance surface that will last for many years to come.
- Provides you with an attractive flooring surface. Epoxy floor coatings are available in an assortment of different colors and styles. You can choose to use one fixed color or create a decorative design using several colors to design a beautiful and enduring flooring solution.
- Improve safety. When installing epoxy flooring, you can enhance safety due to its water, impact, heat, and fire resistant flooring treatment. These high gloss floor finishes will increase illumination in an area by 300%.
- It allows for designated traffic and work zones. Different colors of epoxy floor coating products are available simultaneously to define different zones. Your floor design can indicate safe zones, demarcated areas, etc.
- Provides an eco-friendly flooring solution. Epoxy floor coatings are an eco–friendly flooring alternative for companies considering “green” solutions and building materials.
- Quick and easy application. Epoxy floor coatings are self–leveling products. This enables application of an epoxy floor coating to be done swiftly over any old or new concrete floors.
Another great option is Interlocking Vinyl Flooring because of its durability, grip, and shock absorbing properties, making it especially suitable for play areas.
This interlocking tile enables quick and efficient installation on any firm, flat surface, resulting in flooring that is stylish and uniform. Not only does it create an attractive floor covering but it also provides an anti–slip safety feature.
Interlocking vinyl flooring is a great looking interlocking alternative for a durable floor surface. Below are some of the primary benefits associated with interlocking vinyl flooring:
- Easy installation. Interlocking vinyl flooring tiles are created from versatile PVC and clip into each other like pieces of a puzzle, which makes it straightforward to install. You can lay them over thick carpets, tiles, concrete and wooden floors effortlessly—providing the sub–floor is relatively level and hard.
- Safety. The tiles are between 4 – 8mm thick and have an elevated textured surface pattern, which works to prevent slipping.
- No glue required. The interlock that brings together the tiles allows them, in numerous applications, to lay the tiles without having to glue them down. All you need to get the job done is a rubber hammer and a sharp utility knife.
- Affordable. Interlocking vinyl flooring tiles are undoubtedly an inexpensive solution since most of the tiles are manufactured from selected recycled PVC. It is somewhat thinner, and the floor requires fewer tiles per square meter than other available options.
- Impact resistant
- Water resistant
- Flame resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- Chemical resistant
- Stain resistant
- Slip resistant
- Easy to clean
- Excellent thermal and acoustic characteristics
Keeping a kennel and play area clean and sanitary is crucial, and a smooth, seamless kennel flooring system is not only preferred in function and endurance, but offers less challenging cleaning. When it comes to the health and well–being of your animals, there’s no substitute for attention to detail.
Mark Bekker has been a flooring specialist for over 22 years, focusing on industrial flooring installations and helping his customers find the best flooring solutions. For more information about Mark’s work, visit his site www.floormaster.co.za